1. Why Handlooms?
2. What is the difference between Khadi and Handlooms?
Handmade Yarn through Charkas is used in Khadi whereas in Handlooms, mill made yarn is used for producing cloth. There is no difference in weaving process.
3. What is the Status of Handloom Industry in the State?
There are about 1,20,440 lakhs Handloom weavers depending on weaving and allied activities. Out of which approximately 50% are covered under 627 Weavers Cooperative Societies in the State.
4. What are the well known/famous Handloom varieties in the State?
Pochampalli tie and Dye Silk/Cotton varieties, Gadwal Sarees, Narayanpet, Siddipet (Gollabama) sarees , Warangal Carpets / durries.
5. What are the important items of Exports in the State?
Tie and Dye bed sheets, furnishing Cloth, Dupion Silk cloth, Dress Material, Durries, Carpets.
6. What are the other handlooms products produced in the State?
Cotton/ Silk /Zari Sarees, Shirting, Dhoties Bed sheets, Towels, Lungies, Livery cloth, Polyster Shirting, Suiting, Merino Blankets, Cumbals, Mosquito Nets, Carpets, Zamkhana, Gauge Cloth, Dress Materials, Modern Handkerchiefs, Silk Turbons etc.
Designed, Developed and Hosted by NIC, Hyderabad. Content owned, maintained and updated by Department of Handlooms & Textiles, Government of Telangana.